CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

prompt 7

In my observation of the fourth and fifth grade classroom, I understand the influence of classroom rules and expectations on child behavior and achievement because I have personally experienced it with these students. I have seen them react with different teachers and their rules and seen the positives and negatives in the many methods that teachers have used. I have seen the affect of professional collaboration on students and educators and understand that if educators lack this component they will hold students back from receiving the right education as well as hindering their own learning capabilities.
As my journey of becoming a teacher continues, I understand that teachers are life-long learners because it is a learning environment that constantly changes its ways of educating. I also understand the influence that curriculum organization has on students and their ability to learn and that without giving organized lessons, teachers can go without teaching important components. They must be organized in giving their lessons so that they give students the knowledge they need to succeed without limiting their learning. I comprehend why assignments are modified for students according to their needs because there are various ways to go about teaching children. Everybody has different ways of interpreting material learning and they do not always comprehend their material with just one method. By modifying assignments in a way that a student will understand, I will be able to give my students the best education and fulfill their needs.
I believe that I have many assets that I can use toward my career of teaching that are essential in helping students. These assets consist of open-mindedness, knowledge of my profession, experience with students from diverse backgrounds, patience, determination, and the compassion of working with children. I understand that what I say and how I act towards my students has an immense effect on their achievement, behavior, motivation, and attitude. I have observed other teachers behaviors and understand what methods work and positively affect students and what methods do not. Working with children is a certain talent that I obtain and I believe that if I continuously learn about the career of teaching and realize my strengths and weaknesses I will be able to become a teacher.
In my hours of service, I have learned how to communicate effectively with children who have disabilities because I have worked with them in schools and have had my own experience at a job where I work with adults who are mentally challenged. There are many methods and techniques of communicating with people who are disabled both verbally and non-verbally that I have learned and am continuing to learn. I understand that a child’s race, culture, gender, and economic status have a great influence on communication and expectations. I embrace the diversity of children because I feel that everyone has something different to offer people and by embracing one another’s differences we are able to work with one another. Expressing this importance to my students is also an important aspect because it will help them to work with others and give them a better knowledge about others around them.

0 comments: